Saturday, December 3, 2011

Now it can be called Bacon





We smoked this at 250 degrees F until the internal temperature was 150 and it took less then 3 hours over apple and white oak.    Many of the charcuterie I do is very time consuming and labor intensive which discourages many home cooks.  Curing and smoking bacon is by far the easiest and I encourage everyone to try it...you will never buy bacon in a plastic case at the supermarket again!

It tasted so good I was licking the cutting board.   We smoked the Smithfield belly at the same time and the taste is bland compared to the Tamworth.  After it cools we will slice it up and vacuum seal.  This will not last long but I have one more belly to play with.  This recipe is so good I may not do any other kinds of bacon.


No comments:

Post a Comment